Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Is that you?"

I stopped in a salon for a trim, and just because I have no faith, I brought along a photo of what my hair was supposed to look like. Not that it mattered. I offered the photo to the stylist, who didn't seem very interested.

"Is that you?" she asked, glancing at it but not taking it from me.

Well, now I know you're not paying attention.

"No, that's Mandy Moore. I wish."

Needless to say, it was not the best haircut of my life. It wasn't terrible, though.  If I don't end up staring at myself in the mirror the next day and feeling violated, then I think it's a good enough haircut.

1 comment:

  1. You know my worst hairdressing experience? A group of my friends and I went to one of these get a free haircut in a very well known hairstylist school for students to practice on. We were aged 16-ish. We had to sit in this waiting room, the stylists came out and picked the person they'd like to practice on. Of course all my friends were picked.

    Except me.

    LOL! I think the teacher overseeing the whole thing forced this poor student to take me. She wasn't happy. You could tell cos she was finished with me in about 10 minutes. I think all she did was cut an inch off my hair.

    Hairdressers are like dentists. Expensive and painful and necessary about once every 6 months or so!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete