Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Oh, Women's Health, how you amuse me.

I was just reading the June edition of Women's Health, and this made me laugh (from p. 45 on keeping your feet from pre-mature aging):

Choi advises doing one foot treatment a day. "I tell my client to hydrate their cuticles on Monday, smoth calluses on Tuesday, exfoliate on Wednesday, and then repeat for the rest of the week," she says.

Maybe I'm just not as impressed as I should be by the perils of aging feet. Maybe I'll find out the hard way, someday, when MJ leaves me for chronically failing to maintain my pedicure and having calluses big enough that I could use my heels to sand down a small table and instead, begins smooching the toes of a sandal model.

But I'm more likely to find a cure for cancer in my free time than I am to follow a three-day repeating beauty regimen for my feet. Hydrating cuticles? Who is that big a perfectionist about their physical appearance?

(If you are, by the way, that article also has a helpful recipe for a bleaching agent for your toenails)

6 comments:

  1. Now I'm as vain as the vainest person on this planet and do take my time perfecting my boudoir every day... but hydrating cuticles, smoothing calluses and exfoliating from one day to the next is even way out for moi! LOL!!

    Feet is good after a wash. :-)

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. Sometimes I wonder if I am the crazy one for not caring that much about certain things- like my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old feet...now I have another thing to worry about. I've been meaning to give them a nice foot scrub for about a year now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my feet, but this seems like the extreme or perhaps, too much time on one's hands, I mean, feet ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I love my feet the way it is, I exfoliate it weekly - and that's the last thing that I have to worry about :D Anyway, thanks for posting some cute information on women's health..

    ReplyDelete