Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My favorite deal this season

I looove to shop. Now, I am by nature a bit of a bargain shopper. I stretch my holiday dollars as much as I can while still finding something moderately perfect. But my fave holiday bargain this year didn't involve a 20% coupon for BB&B or a big sale at the outlet mall to buy gifts for family & friends.

I check slickdeals.net every now and then to see what sweet deals they have, and I saw one for games at Toys-R-Us, on sale for as little as $4, with a $2-3 rebate available per game, and a $10 gift card if you spent $30. Normally I'd avoid Toys-R-Us like I'd avoid a stadium full of irritated lions (I'm not making a religious statement here. I just don't like little bouncing children all that much, and toy stores are so... full of children).

But this was too good to pass up. Handsome and I went out to Toys-R-Us, and bought six games. Here's my haul (and also, an accidental glimpse of my metallic toe nail polish):
Six games, with tax, came to $33 and change. We immediately received a $10 gift card back. Then I mailed off the rebate, which is for $14.

So for $9, I picked up six board games -- including my childhood favorite, Connect 4 -- that are all being dropped off at Toys for Tots tomorrow. The only thing better than a good deal? A good deal for a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment